Head Chef (Lebanese / Syrian)
- Date Posted
- 02/04/17 12:05 PM
Detailed Description• Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
• Order & Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
• Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste
• Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
• Corporate with the executive chef to Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs.
• Exercises portion control for all items served.
• Prepares necessary data and other costs and monitors actual financial results.
• Takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
• Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
• Consults with the store manager about food production aspects of special events being planned.
• Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
• Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality.
• Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
• Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met
• Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
• Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
• Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
• Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
• Follow the hygiene standards in preparing, serving food and beverage for the customers at all time.
• Follow the grooming and uniform standards as per the company policy.
• Perform other duties as directed